Diamond-like carbon (DLC) coatings - longer, farther, faster!
TREM Engineering presents grades of DLC coating developed in Russia. Their main properties are as good as those of coatings made by world leaders.
Properties of offered DLC coatings:
- Hardness - 1200-4500HV depending on the type of coating
- Dry friction against steel – 0.05-0.12
- Coating thickness – 5-40 μm. As coating is the final process no machining is made after the coating.
- Wear resistance is 13-20 higher than of steel and 3-5 higher than of tungsten carbide.
- Porosity – less than 0.5%, so it's good for corrosion protection.
- High chemical resistance to most acids and alkalis.
- One grade of coatings can be used to coat deep and blind holes.
Currently size of parts accepted for coating is limited to 390 mm (15'') in diameter and 900 mm (35'') in length.